Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Weighted Solutions

I love surprises!  My friend, Lydia Alexandra, owner of Weighted Solutions, changed our day from drab to fab when she sent us a box bursting with playful goodies. She hand crafts items for children with special needs.  Her stitching is superb and her taste for fabric is top-notch. She has children of her own on the spectrum and she is a homeschooler, so she really knows what Moms need!

Spaceship bean bags
Izaiah and I had a blast being creative with these 'out of this world' spaceship bean bags.  Two seconds out of the package and we were busy with them!  We played catch, we lined them up (naturally!), we counted them, we balanced them on our heads, we made a path with them on the floor and my son ran through it. We practiced tossing them into a box, my son layed on the floor and I pressed them on his body. Whatever you can dream up is the only limit with these!

Hand fidgets
My 8 year old daughter loves these funky hand fidgets. She is a die-hard internet researcher; mouse in one hand, fidget in the other. The soft elastic strap minimizes droppage and is handy when you're on the go. We homeschool so these are perfect during class. The strap allows us to hang the fidget on her chair so she always knows where to find it when she needs it. You can even find 'peek-a-boo' hand fidgets on her website. They are so cute!


Snoopy weighted blanket


Lydia custom made this weighted blanket for Izaiah.  She took the time to personally find the cutest Snoopy fabric for one side, and matched it with a rich, brilliant, blue for the other. The blanket is soft, breathable, durable, and just plain gorgeous. My son loves it!

weighted wrap


She whipped up a weighted wrap for Ashi, too. You can see the colors are extraordinary, but the stitching is what I really love, it's so girly and feminine!  We use this during class to help Ashi focus. She loves the 'feel' of having it around her shoulders or on her lap.

If you're looking for weighted items with a unique flair, Lydia combines function, style, and durablity. She shakes them up, and spills them out onto her colorful, user friendly, website. The pictures of each item are true-to-life and it's easy to contact her if you have questions. Lydia hasn't forgotten Mom either. She designs classy jewelry just for you too!

Thank you, Lydia Alexandra, of Weighted Solutions.  We love your products!!

This was such a kind gesture from Lydia, to share her hard work with my family. It got me to thinking about friendship. So many parents of children with special needs watch, in disbelief, as friends disappear from their lives. For whatever reason, many of us travel a lonely, painful road sometimes. Proverbs 27:10 teaches that our genuine friends should not be foresaken. So, who are our genuine friends?  John 15:13,14 teach us that the greatest sign of friendship is sacrifice. Jesus is the best example of this, sacrificing His life for us. The Bible teaches us to trust our friends and accept them unconditionally. We also need to have healthy boundaries and work to build each other up, not tear each other down.  Proverbs 22:24 and 25:19 teach us what kinds of 'friends' we should steer clear of.  None of us are the perfect friend; I make so many mistakes along the way. I try to be quick to admit my faults and ask for forgiveness. I'm indebted and thankful to those who have helped me dust myself off and stuck with me for the journey, even when I'm not worthy of their love.  Here are some other verses that teach about friendship: Proverbs 17:17 and 18:24, 27:6; 27:17; and 1 Cor 13:4.  These are verses that help me grow as a friend. Also, it's good to know Matt. 18:21-22 - so we remember to forgive those who sin against us. Hopefully our friends will mercifully remember this verse for us too. Thank you, Lydia of Weighted Solutions, for being such a dear friend to me.

Annie Eskeldson writes for parents of young autists. She has 2 on the spectrum who are pretty good at making friends!  She has written 3 childen's books about autism that also nurture parents.  You can check them out at www.ashisgift.com

No comments:

Post a Comment